All in a few days work

Well, the past five days have been quite busy.  I’m learning to keep a pretty leisurely schedule that is very low-maintenance.  So having to be somewhere 4 days in a row was, for me, a kick into a higher gear!  So here is a re-cap:

Thursday – morning playdate at the Crum’s with her 4 children (3 of those being triplets!), and Abby Johns.  Add my two and their were 7 kids!  We had a beautiful time watching them ride trikes and play with sidewalk chalk.  Lunch was a breeze and we were able to enjoy it on their new deck.  By the time we left at 1pm, we were all pooped!  If I didn’t live just down the road from her, my kids would have been zonked out!  Us adults didn’t get to finish a conversation (I don’t remember…) but is was great just to be together.

Friday – errand day in the morning for our Longview Mothers League annual membership lunch on Saturday.  These were a breeze and I was home within an hour and 1/2.  I did plan to do some shopping for the boys that day, but have put that off until Tuesday.  After lunch Sammy and Daddy took off for a hair cut (for Sammy).  My sweet Sam wouldn’t nap later – I didn’t realize he’d fallen asleep in the car and that usually puts an end to any nap time that day!  That night we attended a “date night” at our church to watch the movie Fire Proof, have a dessert buffet, and hear some marriage enrichment speakers.  I’ll write more in a separate blog about what I learned from them.

Of all nights, my Sawyer Wayne would not go to sleep!  It was 3:30am before he was down for good and didn’t wake until 11:15am!  Which meant although I didn’t get much sleep, I did get to exit the house for the ML luncheon with ease.  Our babysitter, Katie, is Sammy’s “girlfriend” so he had been waiting for several days for me to leave the house!  Sammy had slept late as well, so I got to ease into my day.  Helpful since I am serving as our ML President this year and was a little nervous.

Saturday – annual ML Luncheon at 11am (I wanted to be there at 10am to help set-up).  We tried something new this year and took it to a restaurant.  We chose Deb’s Downtown Cafe since she is closed on Saturday’s and could devote her time to us!  It was a great time getting to see faces I’ve missed over the summer and see some new Moms come into our group. I’m looking forward to our year together.

Tony got home at 12:30, so he took over where Katie left off.  Kids had done well, so that was an answered prayer, espec. regarding Sawyer Wayne – I was a little concerned about his fussy factor!  After changing clothes and putting Sawyer down for a nap, Sammy and I headed to our church to return the podium we had borrowed for today.  He fell fast asleep, so I took a pit stop at Sonic.  I was trying to figure out if I could get away with taking a nap there! Then we headed to Walmart to pick up a few things.  I had also wanted to copy some old black and white photos I’d found of my Aunt and Mom since we were going to lunch at my Auntie’s house Sunday. 

Tony signed up to work a DWI Task force gig this night, so he was out of the house by 8:30pm.  I put us all to bed.  I think I did some reading and was fast asleep by 10:15 – my earliest bed time lately!

Sunday – I got to ease into this day, too.  I’d awakened in plenty of time to get us to church by 9:30am, but the kids were still sleeping and I was thoroughly enjoying my coffee and bible with my feet propped up.  Wow.  That was so nice.  So we went to church during late hour.  Today was promotion day for the kids, but since we were in late hour, they now have Children’s Church then.  Seeing all those (about 30-50) kids singing and jumping kinda scared my Sammy!  I wasn’t ready for that!  He and I had been talking about children’s church but, alas, I forgot the dynamics of that!  Fortunately my Pastor walked by and asked if he could help – Sammy gladly went with him and another Dad came alongside him to help.  Grateful!  Of course, my SW is still having trouble and cries a little when I drop him off.  I was praying for them both during the service!  When I picked Sammy up he was as happy as could be and really enjoyed it!  Yea!

We high-tailed it to Bodacious to pick up some lunch to take to my Auntie’s house.  She had day surgery on Monday.  It was good to visit with her and my Mom over a wonderful lunch.  They both got a kick out of the old photos I’d copied.  I hope to do some scrapbooking (some non-perfect day….) of my ancestors.

I stayed home from church tonight to rest.  My kids know when they find Mom on the couch, she must be really tired!  We hopped in bed by 9 and Tony and I watched a payperview movie. 

Sammy woke up at 12:30am needing to throw up! Yikes!  He made it to the toilet on this one, but the next 2 (every 2 hours) landed in bed.  Yuck.  Poor kid.  He kept saying “Momma, I’m so sad I’m not feeling well.”  This was what I was telling him!  “Sammy, Momma’s sad you’re not feeling well.”  So the kids were up at 6:30am and I just simply could not do that!  So I turned on cartoons, got them something to drink and some cheerios and went back to sleep!  I woke up to Sawyer Wayne’s whining – he’d gotten into my new sewing machine box and had wrapped thread around him while walking into the living room!  I could tell Sammy must be passed out – which he still is.  SW and I have eaten and now he’s in his crib asleep!  Dare I go back to bed????  I must go get those sheets started in the wash.

Well, that was a long blog. I don’t think I’ll do a long recap again.  Next time I’ll try a short one.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s